Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul, and sings the tune without the words, and never stops at all. ~ Emily Dickinson



Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Meet Winston

This is our new family member, Winston. He's a Malkie (or Morkie), half Yorkie, half Maltese. He weighs all of 2.6 lbs at 9 weeks old. This is Hope's first dog. Yes, we still have Peyton and he's adjusting well to the new addition. That is until Winston steals his bone then we hear a little growling but no fighting.
Getting Winston was an adventure. Hope and I went to Lebanon to see her grandparents and we planned to stay one night. The next morning we decided to head to the lake and check out the outlet mall. I hadn't been to the outlet mall in years and I wanted to get Hope some fall/winter clothes. So we headed down to the lake and Brinnon's dad decided to spend the day with "his girls" and go with us. We were glad to have him with us and he drove. He wanted to drive my new car and I think he really enjoyed it. He kept saying "if this car had wings it would fly"..lol. We hit the Carter outlet, Osh Kosh, Gymboree, The Gap and Bath & Body. One the way home we starting talking about getting a puppy. My mother in law had the paper in the car and started looking at the classifieds. Phone calls were made and before we knew it we were on the road to go see a puppy. It ended up taking an hour and a half to get there. We were on old rocky highway roads in a downpour. We laughed alot. When we finally found the house with the puppies it was raining so hard we waited in the car for a few minutes. We decided to just go for it and got drenched. The minute I saw this puppy I knew it was the one. After visiting with the family and getting all the paperwork done we headed home. I sent Brinnon a text telling him he was a daddy to a new puppy. I think his response was something like "good lord"...lol. Hope was excited. She called her dad later that night and said, "Daddy I got a baby doggie". We stayed the night in Lebanon and headed home in the morning. Both Hope and the dog slept the whole way home. She's so proud of her new dog. She thinks she needs to carry him everywhere. She's very gentle with him now. It took a few time outs for her to realize just how fragile he is. She was calling him Baby Doggie but today she informed me that I had to call him Winston "because that is HIM name mommy"...lol

No comments:

Post a Comment